Monster Mash is an illustration anthology that I would like to make containing humorous illustrations of classic monsters doing everyday things. Such as a Dracula Dentist or a Frankenstein cowboy. It will contain the talents of many different artists.
I thought this would be a really adorable project to put together. I was originally only going to have a certain number of artists, but quite a few are interested! I’m going to just see how many submissions I get by the deadline. If interest spikes, like it has been, I will be announcing some more info about things that I have planned in the coming weeks.
- Must be an existing monster.
- Keep them classic. If you have questions regarding this, ask me!
- The content of your illustration should be reasonable.
- Create an illustration of a classic monster doing an everyday activity. Make it as silly as you like.
- Feel free to do you own take on the monster, as long as you keep it recognisable as that monster.
- Make sure the image is 300 DPI when you send it to me.
- Images should be grayscale. You can do a lot with grayscale/black & white. Ziptone it, inkwash, whatever as long as it doesn’t have color.
- FINISH your artwork that you are submitting.
- Before you get started, make sure you let me know which monster you are doing. I’m only allowing a certain number for each monster. Get creative with the one you pick!
- Email me your submission when you are done here- email@example.com
- Make sure you have your name and a link to your art blog/website in your submission email.
- Deadline is December 15, 2012
Questions, comments, insults? Contact me here:
kiltykid @ Twitter
kiltyascharged @ Tumblr
Be sure to follow the blog and like the facebook page:
If you would like to show me progress work or sketches, feel free to do so! I’d love to see them.
Also the poster basically entails what submission can look like! ;D
Reblog this, like it, and share it with your friends!!
Thought I’d reblob this here again.